The Gunn Report Features Saatchi NZ's 'Catch a Million' in Cases for Creativity
The Gunn Report has released Cases for Creativity 2014, a study that identifies the campaigns that have won both a Cannes Gold Lion for creativity and a Gold Effie for effectiveness.
Representing the high watermark of advertising achievement, 12 campaigns have accomplished such a feat in 2014 and show the ability for creativity in all its forms to drive extraordinary results. Included in the list is ‘Catch a Million’, a campaign created in partnership between client DB Breweries, part of the Heineken Group, Saatchi & Saatchi New Zealand and Apollonation.
Saatchi & Saatchi New Zealand’s joint ECD Corey Chalmers said: "Winning a gold Cannes Lion and a gold Effie for the same campaign is the ultimate accolade in our business – high creativity delivering real results, by impressing consumers as much as jurors. We're thrilled that DB has been recognised for their boldness, imagination, vision and collaborative spirit."
The Gunn Report’s 2014 cases see traditional TVCs alongside PR stunts, technology experiments, and good old-fashioned consumer promotions. The 12 campaigns hail from Argentina, Australia (x2), Brazil (x2), France, New Zealand (x2), Peru (x2), UAE and USA.
The Cases for Creativity 2014 are:
1. “A Boy And His Atom” for IBM by Ogilvy & Mather, USA
2. “Baby&Me” for Evian by BETC Paris, France
3. “Bentley Burial” for Brazilian Association of Organ Transplants by Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Brazil
4. “Catch a Million” for DB Breweries by Saatchi & Saatchi and Apollonation, New Zealand
5. “Dumb Ways to Die” for Metro Trains Melbourne by McCann Melbourne, Australia
6. “Happy ID for Coca-Cola” by McCann Erickson, Peru
7. “Mistakes” for New Zealand Transport Agency by Clemenger BBDO Wellington, New Zealand
8. “Potable Water Generator” for Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología by Mayo Publicidad, Peru
9. “Share A Coke” for Coca-Cola by Ogilvy & Mather Sydney, Australia
10. “The 1000 Miles of Luca” for Consejo Publicitario Argentino by TBWA, Argentina
11. “The Autocomplete Truth” for UN Women by Memac Ogilvy – DXB, United Arab Emirates
12. “The Unlaunch of the Volkswagen Kombi” for Volkswagen by Almap BBDO, Brazil
Author of the study, James Hurman, founder of the Auckland based innovation consultancy, Previously Unavailable, says, “Effectiveness continues to defy media categorisation, but the one thing this diverse group of ideas have in common is that people saw fit to share them, and only the most engaging creative ideas executed by the most talented people will be shared.”
Category: Alcoholic drinks , Beers