MediaCom Wins Six Cannes Media Lions Awards
MediaCom has captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
In total, the agency walked away with two silver and two bronze trophies as lead agency, with additional silver and bronze wins as credited media agency partner. The celebrated work spans multiple geographic markets and a diverse set of clients. Campaigns for Dell, Shell, Coca-Cola and Bose are among those recognised.
“With the Cannes Lions competition raising the bar year after year, this is a phenomenal performance, and I could not be more proud of our teams around the world,” said Stephen Allan, Worldwide Chairman and CEO of MediaCom. “These wins, coupled with numerous other awards we’ve received this year, are proof that our creativity, commitment to systems thinking and exceptional client relationships have enabled us to deliver the highest standard of work in the industry.”
MediaCom’s four wins as lead agency include (by category):
• Business Products & Services: “Revenge of the (IT) Nerds” for Dell – MediaCom Germany (silver)
• Use of Screens: “The World’s First Fully Personalised TV Campaign” for Coca-Cola – MediaCom UK (silver)
• Other Consumer Products (including Durable Goods): “Better Content Through Data” for Bose – MediaCom UK (bronze)
• Corporate Image & Communication: “Power of Sport” for Shell – MediaCom Global (bronze)
MediaCom was credited as media agency partner on the following two awards (by category):
• Use of Mobile Devices: “TTYL (Talk To You Later)” for Chevrolet from Maruri Grey Ecuador (silver)
• Use of Digital Content: “Shine” for Canon Cameras from Leo Burnett Australia (bronze)
MediaCom’s final tally exceeds the performance of all other global media agency networks at this year’s Festival, with the closest competitor landing two wins as lead agency and four overall. The news comes just one day after MediaCom dominated the famed competition’s shortlist with 20 overall nominations, including 13 as lead agency.