LOLA Mulen Lowe Sweeps El Ojo de Iberoamerica Awards
LOLA Mullen Lowe (Spain) took home a staggering 34 awards, including 2 Grand Prix, and 3rd best overall agency at the 28th edition of the El Ojo de Iberoamerica Festival. Combined with the awards given to Mullen Lowe Brasil, Publimark Lowe Costa Rica, and Lowe Ginkgo (Uruguay) the grand total for the Mullen Lowe Group came to an impressive 38 awards at the 2015 festival.
El Ojo took place over 3 days (November 4-6) in Buenos Aires where winners were selected from 22 categories by more than 100 jurors from across Latin America and Spain. El Ojo (The Eye) is the premiere international festival that celebrates the best in advertising, communication and entertainment for the Spanish and Portuguese speaking markets.
LOLA was named the 3rd best agency in the entire iberoamerican region and Pancho Cassis, the 3rd best Executive Creative Director.
LOLA´s awards were given for 9 different ideas and 8 different clients, across 18 different categories which include content, interactive, mobile, design, promo, outdoor, PR, radio, TV and ‘The Best Latin Idea for the World’. LOLA´s work for their key global accounts, Cornetto, Magnum and Mattel, were responsible for a majority of the medals.
Jose Miguel Sokoloff commented, “LOLA is our network hero in this festival and this accomplishment is another example of their dedicated team work focused on rigor, brilliant strategy and creativity. The agency is on a high at the moment and I am so proud of the work they are doing for important clients like Cornetto, Magnum, Mattel and SEAT”.
One of the Grand Prix awards was given to Magnum, ‘Be True To Your Pleasure’ for ‘Best Global Idea’ and the second was awarded to Libero, ‘Football vs. Alzheimer’ in the El Ojo Sports category. Both of these campaigns, along with LOLA’s work for Mattel, have received a great deal of attention from other major award shows, including the Cannes Lions Festival, the Clios and the London International Advertising Awards.
In total, LOLA was awarded 2 Grand Prix, 8 Gold, 12 Silver and 12 Bronze.
The complete award breakdown is as follows:
- Magnum, “Be True To Your Pleasure” – 1 Grand Prix, 4 Gold, 1 Silver and 3 Bronze
- Mattel, Scrabble “Anagram Lovers” - 2 Gold, and 4 Silver
- Mattel, Scrabble “Anagram Stories” - 2 Silver, and 1 Bronze
- Libero,“Football vs. Alzheimer” - 1 Grand Prix, 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 1 Bronze
- Cornetto, “Movie Kiss” - 2 Silver
- Mattel, Hot Wheels, “True Speed” - 3 Bronze
- Unilever, OMO detergent “Clumsy” - 1 Silver
- Libero, “If they Explain it with Football” – 1 Bronze, “My Future Football Star” – 1 Bronze, “Dancing Football” – 2 Bronze
Other winners from the Mullen Lowe Group network include:
- Lowe Ginkgo, Renault Automobiles “Earrings” – 1 Silver
- Mullen Lowe Brasil, CCSP “Mole” - 2 Silver
- Publimark, Lowe Costa Rica, Guitar Simple “Guitar Pick” - 1 Bronze