ADK Taiwan named Chinese Creativity Agency of the Year
Chinese Creativity was created as part of the Global LIA to recognise creativity conceived, written and produced solely in the Chinese language. Last night, the Chinese Creativity winners were announced at a lavish gala held at The PLACE, Shanghai. The luminaries of the industry who attended this auspicious event to showcase and award the best in Chinese Creativity ranged from top Chief Executive Officers and Chief Creative Officers to Creative Directors and Art Directors that have been so instrumental in pushing for greater Chinese Creativity.
LIA President, Barbara Levy, SVP, Patricia Censoprano and Asian Partner, Gordon Tan were in Shanghai to join the celebration and present the coveted LIA Statues to the winners.
“We are really impressed with the work that’s being honoured. The top people who live, breathe and speak Chinese creativity, came together in Las Vegas to judge and award the best in Chinese creativity. All the winners should be very proud of their work,” said Barbara Levy, President of LIA.
This year all the juries gathered in Las Vegas to judge from Round One through Statue Discussions, the judging ran concurrently with the Global LIA judging. The 2018 juries awarded 23 red Statues in total.
“We hope the world can see the influence of Chinese creativity; its unique insights, sharp culture and work that have with a mission and purpose,” explained Danny Li, ECD at McGarry Bowen Shanghai and Chinese Creativity Print & Poster juror.
For the first time, Chinese Creativity awarded two Of The Year winners. The Of The Year awards were calculated based on the points garnered from wins in the Chinese Creativity show.
ADK Taiwan was named Chinese Creativity Agency of the Year. Richard Yu, CCO of ADK joined the celebrations in Shanghai, where Barbara Levy presented him with the coveted black Statue and five of the sought-after red LIA Statues.
- Branded Entertainment - Online for Uni Noodle titled “House of Little Moments - The Original Flavour 1/2”
- Integration - Public Service/Social Awareness for 7-Eleven Taiwan titled “Rhythm of Love Wall”
- Marketing Effectiveness - Others for 7-Eleven Taiwan titled “Rhythm of Love Wall”
- Production & Post-Production - Script for Uni Noodle titled “House of Little Moments - The Original Flavour 1/2”
- TV/Cinema/Online Film - Humour for KGI Bank titled “Fifty Shades of Borrowing Money series”
Amber China was named Chinese Creativity Independent Agency of the Year. Amber Liu, CEO of Amber China and CK Tan, CCO, were present to receive the black Of The Year Statue and two red LIA Statues.
- Branded Entertainment - Experiential / Live Events for Diesel titled “The Anti-Perfect Collection”
- Print - Art Direction for Ammeloo titled “Chop-Chop 2.0 _ Pork”
Other Chinese Creativity winners (in alphabetical order):
Blak Labs, Singapore
- Production & Post-Production - Cinematography for Maybank titled “Conversations”
Cheil Worldwide, Hong Kong
- Design - Use of Illustration Campaign for JBL (iTect Ltd) titled “Block Out The Chaos: World Leaders / Football Managers”
- OOH - Illustration Campaign for JBL (iTect Ltd) titled “Block Out The Chaos: World Leaders / Football Managers”
- Poster - Art Direction Campaign for JBL (iTect Ltd) titled “Block Out The Chaos: World Leaders / Football Managers”
CY FILMS CO., LTD, Taipei
- Production & Post-Production - Direction for Vivo titled “Vivo X21”
- Integration - Business-to-Consumer for Taobao titled “Treasures of the Year 2017”
Guangzhou Dakoo, Guangzhou
- Package Design - Promotional Packaging for Carlsberg titled “Carlsberg 15 Minutes World Cup”
Hylink Digital Solution Co., Ltd., Beijing
- Marketing Effectiveness - Beverages - Non-Alcoholic for MengNiu Milk titled “MengNiu --Nest Compass”
- Marketing Effectiveness - Cosmetics/Toiletries/Pharmaceuticals for NIVEA titled “Cloud Cream Cone”
- Design - Use of Typography for Alzheimer’s Disease Chinese titled “Fading Font”
Ogilvy Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Design - Posters Campaign for KFC titled “Hot & Spicy”
- Digital - Social Media Usage for Tencent titled “A Meme Gallery”
The Nine X Insight Group, Shanghai
- Design - Experiential Design for Vatti titled “Intelligent Head”
- OOH - Best use of Media for Vatti titled “Intelligent Head”
- Production & Post-Production - Animation for Vatti titled “Kungfu Water”
- Digital - Mobile Advertising for UnionPay Quick Pass titled “An Ad That Shouldn't Have Existed”
Ong Chee Lip, Group CCO at 180ai Beijing and an Integration jury member, summed up the whole LIA Chinese Creativity work he saw in Las Vegas succinctly and said: “We saw some brave new attempts in creating ideas and solutions that pushes boundaries of advertising. Ideas that are human-centric and compelling in engagement. A positive sign for the Chinese Ad Industry!”
As Chinese Creativity is part of the LIA global show, all winners of Chinese Creativity also earn points under the Campaign Brief ranking system.
All the Chinese Creativity Winners and Finalists can be viewed on the website www.liachina.com