Fairy's Giant Cake Sculpture Smashes Guinness World Record
Fairy broke the Guinness World Record title for the largest cake sculpture to support its long-term charity partner Make-A-Wish UK. It measured a ginormous 12metres x 10metres and to break the record the entire cake had to be eaten.
Westfield shoppers flocked to the cake in their droves with 12,000 of them each eating a slice of cake to help break this record. Fairy also washed up all 12,000 dirty cake plates with just one 870ml bottle of Fairy Original washing up liquid.
The record was attempted to support the annual Bake-A-Wish fundraising effort run by Make-A-Wish, which encourages people to sell their baked goods to raise money for the charity.
Assistant Brand Manager for Fairy UK, Tim Rothwell said: “Breaking the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for the largest cake sculpture was an ambitious project but we are thrilled that the hard work paid off and Fairy now holds an official record.”
The cake slices were given to hungry punters for a suggested donation of £1 with all proceeds going directly to Make-A-Wish, the charity that grants magical wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions.
Amanda Williams, Director of Fundraising at Make-A-Wish commented: “We’ve been working with Fairy for more than 10 years now but never done anything on this scale before. We enjoy a very strong partnership with Fairy and I think the scale of this project and the funding it has achieved for Make-A-Wish demonstrates this.”
The previous record was set by King Abdulaziz International Airport in association with Saadeddin Pastry in Saudi Arabia. Made on 23 September 2013 the cake measured 11.70metres x 9.20metres and it was in the shape of the Saudi Arabia map to celebrate Saudi Arabia national day.
THE WORLD’S LARGEST CAKE SCULPTURE IN NUMBERS
The cake has been made and constructed by 45 people and will weigh almost two ton in total, but how does that break down in ingredients?
· 520 kg of caster sugar is equal in weight to 2260 Boris bikes
· 520 kg of wheat flour is as heavy as 650 800g loaves of bread
· 8360 eggs which is more than nine hens will lay in a lifetime
· 668 kg of icing sugar which is heavier than a male cow
· 417 kg of Margarine and butter which is almost 2000 times more than used in Mary Berry’s Victoria sandwich recipe
· 13.94 kg of evaporated milk which is heavier than 16 870ml bottles of Fairy Liquid
· 8.5 kg of vanilla essence would fill 85 100ml bottles of Chanel No. 5
Category: Cleaning products , Home