Dear Santa… We Think We’ve Been a Pretty Good Industry This Year
We hope you’re doing well. We think we’ve been a pretty good industry this year. We tried to bother people less and inspire them more. We pushed design and technology forward. We worked our tails off on every job, even though budgets kept going down (can you do anything about that?). We treated our vendors with care. We bravely embraced new platforms and new efficient ways of working. And we even cut back on complaining about millennials.
So with all that said, here are some things we’re hoping we’ll find under our tree this year:
- A VR camera on the level of the Google cardboard player. We’re not saying the camera has to be cardboard. That’s up to you.
- Another production company T-shirt. We just can’t have enough of those. Seriously.
- Good ratings for the Super Bowl. Yup, again.
- A zero-calorie pizza.
- A :35 commercial slot.
- Kind focus groups.
- An upgrade on our next redeye.
- More NSFW content. ‘cause it’s always safe around here.
- An emotionally charged 2:00 film to aspire to. Although Wieden will probably take care of this one.
- A 4D printer.
- Clients who don’t ask for spec work. Haha, just kidding. Back to reality.
- For that whole Paris agreement to stick. This one is really for everybody.
- And a few Vine/Instagram/SnapChat/New Platform du jour stars who don’t charge a ridiculous amount of money for a post that took them five seconds to whip up.
That’s about it. As always, if there’s anything we can do for you, like manage your Twitter account or develop a North Pole experiential stunt for Times Square or 3rd St. Promenade, just let us know.
The Advertising Industry
* Props to Virgin Mobile and the crew at Toy for that classic gem.