4th Annual Lovie Awards Winners Announced
The Lovie Awards announced today that VICE Media, Heimat Berlin, IKEA, Soleil Noir and ACHTUNG! as well as services Vimeo, Mubi, BBC iPlayer, Last.fm and Soundcloud are among the Winners who will be celebrated at the 4th Annual Lovie Awards on Tuesday, 11 November 2014 at St Lukes LSO in London. This year's Winners will be recognised alongside Special Achievement honorees including Jamie Oliver, Sophie Wilson, Sigur Rós, British YouTube sensation Dan Howell (danisnotonfire) – and more.
The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS) selected winners for this year's Lovie Awards, the European sister-awards to the global Webby Awards. The esteemed members, who include broadcaster Lauren Laverne, Buzzcar Founder Robin Chase, Google Venture’s Tom Hulme, Tweetdeck founder Iain Dodsworth and fashion designer Henry Holland named Gold, Silver and Bronze winners, while thousands of online fans chose their favourites in The People’s Lovie Awards.
This year’s Lovie Special Achievement Award honourees will join previous winners Vic Hayes the Dutch 'Father of WiFi', Stephen Fry and Björk. They are:
Lovie Person of the Year:
Jamie Oliver - Chef, restaurateur and activist, Oliver is named Lovie Person of the Year, for utilising the Web as a key component in his mission to educate the world about healthy and fresh eating, in everything from jamieoliver.com, his mobile apps, and especially with FoodTube and DrinksTube.
Lovie Lifetime Achievement:
Sophie Wilson - As the designer of the Acorn Micro-Computer and inventor of the ARM processor instruction set, Wilson's work on processor cores is seen in thousands of products from mobile phones and tablets, to televisions and video games.
Lovie Artist of the Year:
Sigur Rós - One of Iceland's most successful musical exports, and celebrating their 20th anniversary this year, Sigur Rós have harnessed the power of the web to not only deliver music to their fans but share it with the world, from crowdsourcing music videos to Q+A’s with fans on Reddit.
The Lovie Internet Video Person of the Year
Dan Howell (Danisnotonfire) – With over 4 million YouTube subscribers and millions more across his other social networks, Dan Howell is one the most successful video bloggers of the digital age, building his channel totally organically using YouTube.
Two other Special Achievement Awards will be presented in November:
The Lovie Emerging Entrepreneur Award, going to GiveMeTap Founder Edwin Broni-Mensah, and The Lovie Be Greater With Data Award, going to The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Entertainment and Media highlights from the 4th Annual Lovie Award Winners include:
• Vice News: Best News & Information in Social (Silver, People’s Lovie) - UK
• Vogue: Best Design in Websites (Bronze) - Spain
• The Guardian: Documentary in Internet Video (Gold, People’s Lovie) - UK
• The Financial Times: Lifestyle in Websites (Bronze) - UK
• Bob Dylan 'Like a Rolling Stone': Best Use of Interactive Video (Gold)
• Downton Abbey: Overall Social Presence in Social (Bronze) - UK
• Penguin Random House: Best Copywriting (Bronze) - UK
• Dazed Digital: Best Writing - Editorial in Websites (Bronze) - UK
Other highlights from The 4th Annual Lovie Awards Winners include:
• Shazam: Best Mobile User Experience (Gold) - UK
• SoundCloud iOS: Best Mobile Visual Design (Silver) - Germany
• UEFA.com: Best Sports Site (Bronze) - Switzerland
• Qixxit: Best Mobile Visual Design (Gold) - Germany
• TripAdvisor: Best Travel Tourism Site (People’s Lovie Winner) - UK
• ASAP54: Best Community and Social mobile application (Gold) - UK
• Sortie En Mer: Best HTML5 site (Gold) - France
• The Business of Fashion: Best Fashion and Beauty Site (Silver) - UK
• Moon: Best Financial Services Site (Gold) - Spain
• Urbanears: Best Practices Website (Gold) - Sweden
• The Twitter Dress: Social Experimental and Innovations (Silver) - Sweden
• ASOS Google Helpouts: Social Experimental and Innovations (Bronze) - UK
• Bringing Rubens Back to Life: Best Connected Products (Gold and People’s Lovie) - Belgium
Highlights from the 4th Annual Lovie Award Winners in Online Advertising include:
• Do it for Denmark: Viral Advertising (Gold) - Denmark
• The Alzheimer's Event: Best Social Media Marketing (Gold) - Netherlands
• Tesco Mobile #nojoke Tweets: Best Copy Writing (Silver) - UK
• Living with Lag: Viral Advertising (Silver and People’s Lovie) - Sweden
• The Hornbach Hammer: Best Branded Content (Gold) - UK
• Tai-Chip-Hop: Social Media Marketing (Bronze) - France