Taylor James is a high-end Creative Production Studio based in London and New York, offering a complete range of integrated services for digital productions. Renowned for their creative and technical expertise, they visualise creative campaigns across print, TV and digital media. With a team in the London HQ of around 40, they have been working with global brands and top leading advertising agencies since 1999.
We require an on-site ‘IT Manager’ with good Windows and Mac knowledge to provide technical support to our creative teams and look after the day to day smooth running of all infrastructure and users across the business. This is a hands-on role in a highly dynamic company, covering the London office and remote IT management and support for the New York office. The successful candidate will be keen to learn and have a desire to work with new technologies and provide innovative solutions to business challenges. This is a demanding role with varied responsibilities, the candidate will have a flexible attitude and occasional out-of-hours work may be required.
- Responsible for the administration and management of the network and storage / virtualisation infrastructure.
- Monitor the core network infrastructure, and act as an escalation point for problematic helpdesk calls.
- Manage the day to day tasks of the department and provide mentoring to staff as and when required.
- Manage the deployment, integration, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards & purchasing.
- Create documentation which will include network topologies, design, build and formal proposals.
- Managing IT Budget, liaising with Suppliers.
Knowledge and Experience (in bold are mandatory)
- Experience of using Active Directory, Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2
- Experience configuring Firewalls (Sonicwall)
- Detailed and technical knowledge of Windows Server products inc, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Experience of Virtualization, XenServer & VMware
- Experience of Hitachi HNAS Storage
- Sound understanding of LAN, WAN and communication networks, including VPNs
- Experience of Managing Mail Servers, Exchange or Kerio Connect
- Managing Floating License Software
- Experience Supporting Primary Applications such as:
- Creative Suite CS6 & CC
- Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, Versions 2011 – 2014
- Office 2007 & 2008 Mac
- Nuke experience an advantage
- Experience of Hardware Support & Troubleshooting, Dell PowerEdge Server, Dell Desktop & Laptops, Apple Hardware
- Understanding of Backup & Data Archiving Processes
- Degree Educated
- MCSA / MCSE Qualified
- VoIP Phone Systems
- Render Farm Management Software (Deadline)
- Web Hosting, LAMP, PHP knowledge.
- Print RIP, Inkjet Printers & Colour Management
- Excellent communication skills both externally and at all levels in the company, both written and verbal with the ability to summarise technical concepts to non-technicians.
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated.
- Ability to investigate issues and propose new solutions and systems to support the business.
- Willingness to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continuously improve.
- Ability to create and present high-quality documentation and management information, including regular reporting.
- Ability to get respond quickly and improvise as required.
- Willingness to do occasional overseas business trips
To apply, please email your CV, a cover note and full contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer work-permission sponsorship.
Competitive, with benefits